Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure with our tantalizing Sticky Tempeh Noodles recipe! This mouthwatering dish brings together a medley of ingredients to create a flavor symphony that will delight your taste buds. Get ready to savor the combination of protein-packed tempeh, crisp cucumber, vibrant carrot, crunchy bean sprouts, and a delectable blend of chili sauce, ketjap, and homemade sambal for an extra kick. All this goodness is served on a bed of perfectly cooked noodles, infused with the aromatic essence of garlic and the richness of wok oil. For those who crave an added touch of flavor, we’ve got you covered with optional ingredients like ginger, sesame seeds, cilantro, and a sprinkle of chili flakes. Get ready to experience the perfect balance of high-protein and low-fat deliciousness in every mouthful. Let’s dive in and create a culinary masterpiece that will leave you craving more!
1 pack of tempeh
1 big carrot
Bag of bean sprouts
Sambal (home made preferred)
Wok oil / sesame oil
PROTEINS: 41 GRAM (24%)
CARBS: 90 GRAMS (53%)
FATS: 17 GRAMS (24%)
1. Grate the cucumber and carrot, take the green pieces out of the bean sprouts
2. Chop some koriander up
3. Boil water
4. Cut tempeh in flat chunks
5. Chop up some garlic
1. Heat a (really good non sticky) frying pan up for 2 minutes with sesame/wok oil
2. Toss in the tempeh and let it turn gold
3. Add the garlic, 2 table spoons of ketjap, 2 table spoons of chili sauce and sambal when you like it spicy
4. Turn from time to time
5. When it gets dryer, add water to prevent it from burning – not oil! That’s how we keep it healthier and juicy.
6. Take it out and put it covered aside – fry an egg in the same pan.
1. Soak the noodles in hot water for a couple of minutes
2. Rinse it with COLD water to prevent stickiness
3. Decorate everthing on a plate and you’re good to go!
4. Optional: mix the carrots with ginger and sprinkle it with sesame seeds and chili flakes!